NORD/LB HORIZONT CF (B)
CLASSIC FUND - DISTRIBUTION
The defensive fund with steady performance
NORD/LB Horizont Fund follows a defensive multi-asset strategy, based on a wide diversification range with more than 10 different asset classes. Under a policy of avoiding correlation, the fund’s management invests globally in inflation-protected and insurance-linked bonds, top-quality securities, commodities, liquid alternatives, micro-finance securities, precious metals and other alternative investment classes. Since the strategy was adjusted in early 2016, derivatives have increasingly been employed for hedging, and optionally as a method of optimising income. With the aim of realising constant, reasonable performance and avoiding major fluctuations, NORD/LB Horizont Fonds is geared towards investors who wish to protect and grow their assets regardless of trends on the global equity and bond markets.
The fund is licensed for sale in Luxembourg and Germany.
- As a strategic investment, the investor is prepared for potential changes in the financial markets; for instance:
- Solid protection against a possible future monetary depreciation
- Broad risk diversification to stabilize the portfolio by investing in a large number of asset classes whose performance has developed historically, in part, unaffected by fluctuations in equities and bonds
- Access to attractive asset classes, which often are reserved only for institutional investors, as the minimum investments are very high
- Participation via funds in the knowledge of specialized fund managers
- The fund also invests in volatile asset classes such as stocks and precious metals.
- Some asset classes may differ significantly from the classic risk-return profiles of equities and bonds (e.g. insurance-linked bonds and microfinance).
- The value of the fund units may fall below the purchase price; this can result into losses.
- The fund also invests in the foreign currency area. This may result in exchange rate risks if the currency is not hedged.
- The fund is based on the assumption of a rebounding inflation; if this does not occur, the price increases will only be moderate.
The unit value may at any time fall below the purchase price at which the customer acquired the unit. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns. A profitable resale is only possible after an increase in the value of the share exceeds the initial sales charge paid as well as other commissions and costs during the investment period. When investing in investment funds, as with any investment in securities and similar assets, there is a risk of price and currency losses. As a result, the prices of fund units and the amount of income fluctuate and cannot be guaranteed. The costs of the fund investment affect the actual investment result. There can be no assurance that the objectives of the investment policy will be achieved. The sole binding basis for the purchase of units is the legal sales documents (Key Investor Information, Sales Prospectuses and Reports), from which you can obtain detailed information on the potential risks. These are in German language next to the management company LRI Invest S.A. and the custodian bank is also available free of charge from the respective national paying or information agents. The sales documents can be found at www.nordlux-vm.lu. The key investor information will be made available there in the official language of the country of distribution. This fund portrait is advertising material and not an investment law obligatory document. It is for information purposes only. All information published here is for product description purposes only, does not constitute investment advice and does not contain any offer of a consulting agreement or information contract and no solicitation of an offer to buy / sell securities. The content has been carefully researched, compiled and checked. A guarantee for the correctness, completeness or accuracy cannot be accepted. The management and custodian fee and all other costs charged to the Fund under the terms of the agreement are included in the gross performance calculations. Distributions will be reinvested. The performance calculation is based on the BVI method, i.e. a sales charge, transaction costs (such as order fees and brokerage commissions) as well as custody and other management fees are not included in the calculation. The investment result would be lower, taking into account the initial charge, as shown in the net amount of the first year of the rolling performance. If you have any questions about the function and risks of this investment, please contact your financial advisor. In different countries, funds may only be offered if approved by the local regulatory authority. Unless such permission is given, this information document may not be made available to other persons. In particular, this information document is addressed neither to US citizens nor to persons with permanent residence in the USA. If necessary, contact a local sales office. Persons in possession of this information should inform themselves about and comply with the legislation in force in each country. It is recommended to read the sales prospectus before each drawing.